2012 saw the completion of the following projects identified in the Mt. Sterling Strategic Plan:
- Completion of the restoration of the Uptown Water Tower.
- Completion of the lighting and painting of the front of the Brown County Courthouse thanks to a grant from the Richard H. Driehaus County Courthouse Grant Program.
- Establishment of the Mt. Sterling Façade Improvement Program and the completion of the first two projects.
- Announcement that the Dot Country Store would relocate to Uptown.
- Planting of the first trees along Main Street as part of the Mt. Sterling Tree Program.
- Second Fall Festival was a big success, and first Winter Festival filled the Uptown area with holiday spirit !