City of Mt. Sterling Police Department
145 W. Main Street
Mt. Sterling, IL 62353
217-773-3961 – Office
217-773-2063 – Fax
911 – Emergency
The Mission of the Mt. Sterling Police Department is to attain the highest quality of life and safety for all those who live, work and visit the city of Mt. Sterling. The Mt. Sterling Police Department will accomplish this by building and enhancing partnerships within the community to promote safety and reduce crime. The Mt. Sterling Police Department will treat all persons with respect, dignity, equality and integrity, regardless of race, ethnicity or social status.
To accomplish this mission, we commit to these specific values:
- We value courtesy, compassion, respect and integrity.
- We value public service and are committed to improving our service to the community.
- We value community opinion and welcome criticism as a means of identifying and addressing public safety and quality of life issues within the community and the department.
- We value all of our employees and have confidence in their abilities and training to resolve matters in an effective manner.
- We value the laws that govern our community and are committed to the protection of individual human rights of all citizens.
- We value the support and trust bestowed upon us by the citizens of Mt. Sterling.
We value the laws that govern our community and are committed to the protection of individual human rights of all citizens.The Mt. Sterling Police Department is a full time, full service law enforcement agency that operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The department strives to provide professional police services while maintaining “hometown America” values and understanding.